Friday, April 6, 2018

Soggy In The Middle

Soggy in the middle, muttered the Missus early this morning as she trundled around the kitchen. For a moment I thought she might be making a wry, and probably accurate, comment on my poor self. But it turned out she was referring to a banana cake she had baked the night before.

She gave me two pieces to take to work, and I can tell you I was more than a little disappointed to find out that they were not both for myself. Not sure how Peter gets on the list for goodies, but he got one of them, commenting that being soggy in the middle might just be a fine thing when I shared Noi's reservations with him. Must say, I saw his point.

Anyway, my piece of cake was huge, delicious, and not at all soggy in the middle. If not the absolute highlight of the day, munching it with a cup of tea certainly got into the top three.

And isn't soggy a lovely word? - one of those that seems to enact itself even as you say it.

No comments: