Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pushing It

I was quite pleased with myself on Sunday afternoon after doing pretty well at the gym, getting back to my peak November numbers on the elliptical trainer. I had it in mind to get myself back there this evening, but by Sunday night I was aware of a distinct sense of tenderness in my lower back, enough to qualify as something close to pain. And on Monday morning it was obvious I'd suffered a bit of a strained muscle.

Time was I would have forced myself back into action as planned, since today the strain has eased. And time was, this would have been, most likely, perfectly okay. But now is the time to accept the fact that pushing it is no longer even close to wise.

Funnily enough, I'm quite pleased with myself for wisely doing nothing.

1 comment:

Trebuchet said...

Glad to hear you're still keeping fit! In other news, I now have a new workplace at RHV, just a bit down the road from the old place.