Saturday, March 10, 2018

Checked

I've reached an age when my employers require me to undergo an annual check-up before they hire me for the year ahead. I can see their point: some sort of assurance that an old chap like myself won't suddenly come to a juddering halt in the middle of all the insane busyness they require makes sense. And I really don't mind being given some sort of medical seal of approval on occasion, though I take these with a reasonable pinch of salt.

So today I was nothing loath, as they say, to show up at the medical centre to do the necessary. And I'm pleased to say my blood pressure impressed the doc, though that was about all that actually was checked in any meaningful way. It remains for me to get my chest x-rayed and the rather light-weight process will be over. To be honest, I think I'd prefer something rather more thorough, which I suppose I'll provide for myself later in the year at some point.

No comments: