Thursday, December 28, 2017

Not So Welcome

Now back in the warmth of our usual Far Place after a couple of smooth flights. Ironically our final morning in Istanbul saw the weather there at its finest for our visit. It certainly brought out the crowds around the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya.

As is usually the case, the bracing cold weather we generally experienced on our jaunt has resulted in my skin drying out which, in its turn, means that biometric devices designed to identify my thumbprints and other digital insignia, no longer work. I am no longer who I was according to the biometric system at the Airport Immigration desks and the system in Hall which allows me access to my place of residence. This is funny and irritating, as is so much of modern life, I suppose.

They say that travel broadens the mind, but one rarely hears it claimed that it can change one's identity.

No comments: