Saturday, December 16, 2017

Keeping Moving

Forgot to mention yesterday in my splendid moan about credit cards and customer service (a sort of extended oxymoron, I suppose) that I was attempting to ensure that our credit cards will do what they are supposed to do whilst we are in Istanbul, whence we are off for the next twelve days or so. We're setting off in the very early hours of tomorrow morning, which means we've got most of today for packing and final preparations (of which there are, inevitably, many.) The next part of our mission involves a trip to the money-changer to get hold of some Turkish lira, a currency with which I am entirely unfamiliar.

I'm hoping I'll be able to make time for a trip to the gym this afternoon on top of everything else. I'm ambitious that way. I want to be fit enough to sail the streets of Byzantium with reasonable ease.

No comments: