Friday, November 10, 2017

All's Well

It rained today, rained ferociously, just as we started the Zuhor Prayer in the mosque. I must admit to being slightly distracted from the prayer as I contemplated how thoroughly wet I was likely to get after my last ten minutes inside, trying to cross the car park to drive away. I had an umbrella, true, but only a rather small and fragile one that Noi had passed to me before I set off to Prayers. It was not likely to be much help considering the power of the storm raging.

To my surprise and delight I managed to get to the car without getting thoroughly soaked and though the day continued wet I remained relatively dry for its duration. So all has been well on that front; and I've just heard from Noi who drove safely up to Melaka in the later part of the day through the same rain, which is cause for celebration in this little corner of a world that can be unforgiving, but today chose not to be, at least in our gratefully fortunate cases.

No comments: