Tuesday, September 12, 2017

No Regrets

A counter-intuitive truth I've discovered since developing problems with my back several years ago: it pays to ignore the body's moans and groans and get the thing working. With luck the moans and groans go away, or, at least, recede into the background. I'm hoping this truth still holds good, and I'm not going to regret going to the gym this evening. I've been struggling to move freely of late, having to resort to using a chair for prayers, and sitting with the old geezers at the masjid who struggle to do the necessary. So I wasn't exactly expecting great things on the old elliptical trainer just now. To my surprise I posted good numbers and, more importantly, felt easy and free doing my forty minutes - as well as feeling pleasantly exhausted. 

Just hope the title of this post holds good tomorrow.

No comments: