Sunday, August 27, 2017

Good Times

Managed a couple of reasonably extended walks over the weekend. Yesterday saw me exploring the NUS campus to find the Faculty of Engineering (of all places) where the annual GEP Lit Seminar was taking place. And today I made my way to Holland Village and back - by way of the futuristic Star Centre - for a taste of the cup that cheers at the Coffee Bean there. I was a little uncertain about ordering my usual chai latte since the last two cups I'd drunk there had left something to be desired, but today saw the establishment back on form, with normal service tastily resumed. Sitting outside, listening to Zappa's Strictly Genteel as performed by the London Philharmonic on the headphones, and reading Motion's fine analysis of the writing of Bright Star as the crowds dawdled by, was suitably relaxing. 

And where in all this, you ask, was the Missus? Sadly - from my point of view - she took herself off on Friday for a visit to Mak, but should be back any time now. Happily she left me with a stupendous shepherd's pie, which took me three days to consume. So, all in all, a good time has been had. (Oh, and I've not even mentioned the fine start to the season of the Mighty Reds.)

No comments: