Thursday, April 20, 2017

Good Riddance

It says little for my character that I've taken some little pleasure today over the news that the egregious Bill O'Reilly has lost his job at Fox News (for what seem to me excellent reasons.) I can't honestly say I've wasted too much of my life watching him on the box, but even for the short periods I've seen him perform it's not been that difficult to figure out he's a first rate example of a bully (amongst other unpleasant characteristics, but I don't intend to waste time going there.)

There's a lovely moment in an interview he did with The Dawk himself when our favourite gnu atheist gloriously deflates the bully simply by pointing out he doesn't like being shouted at - and that he's been warned ahead of the interview that this is the bully's predictable strategy. Would that other 'guests' who in any way disagreed with O'Reilly's worldview had been primed to respond in the same fashion. He would have gone down in flames every time.

No comments: