Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Still Napping

Out of all my many talents (real or imagined) my ability to fall asleep in almost any location or situation is one of those I prize highest. Further proof of my considerable ability in this domain has emerged over the last couple of days in which I managed to start yawning whilst driving to KL despite extensive napping in the twenty-four hours prior to the journey, contrived to fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow when I finally took to my bed here, achieved a great many hours more than the prescribed eight after doing so, only waking briefly for the azan, then fell asleep listening to Brahms's mighty 4th Symphony in the early afternoon, and, finally, nodded again after an elegant sufficiency of late afternoon tea and curry puffs.

I suppose there's an element of catching up on lost kip in all this, but I can't honestly say I felt in desperate need of more than I've been getting for the last few weeks. I think it's all down to the fact that I enjoy sleeping so much and have never risen to the guilt felt by some folks on dozing their lives away.

Also it's mightily hot here, which lends a certain inevitability to the notion of a siesta or two or three to pass a highly satisfactory afternoon.

No comments: