Thursday, March 10, 2016

Tank Empty

Got to the gym this evening and managed 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer but fell well short of the numbers posted on my previous visits. The fact that the last thing I felt like doing this evening was going to the gym no doubt accounted for the lack of oomph in my performance. In fact, I rarely in any real sense enjoy the exercise, in stark contrast to the days I used to go running when I invariably took real pleasure in pounding the streets. I don't think that age accounts for the difference, though it may be a contributory factor. I think the lack of fun is down to the sheer intensity of the exercise. In some ways I gain through maximising the benefit of the time spent in the gym; in other ways I lose, though, fortunately, not to the point of not wanting to go at all. Not yet, anyway.

No comments: