Sunday, February 7, 2016

Flying Foxes

In an otherwise generally bleak EPL season the astonishing run that Leicester have maintained has been the only source of comfort. So far I've espoused the conventional wisdom that they're never going to keep it up due to lack of squad depth. But last night's result against City has left me gloriously unsure. They looked superior from the get-go. It's that simple - and with no real commitments other than going all the way to the title I'm beginning to think it can be done.

I've had a soft spot for Ranieri ever since Chelsea did the dirty on him, and the idea that a club might win the top honours based on playing the game the right way as opposed to spending big is deeply attractive. Reminds me of the days of Cloughie at Derby County, something I never thought I'd ever type again.

No comments: