Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Shock Of The Old

Four days into my working year and I feel physically battered. This is very odd as the physical demands of my work can hardly be said to be all that great and I kept myself what I considered active during the holidays. In fact, when I was moving our stuff from one apartment to another early in December the work involved was very intense physically, yet didn't lead to quite the same sense of bone weariness I'm now experiencing. I suppose there are routine movements involved in my work I'm just not aware of that make particular demands on muscles that need adjusting to.

I recognise this syndrome from previous experience and am happy to recall that by the second week the necessary adjustments are mercifully made and I'm left wondering what all the fuss was about. I can only hope for that mercy this time round.

No comments: