Thursday, December 31, 2015

Finishing Things Off

We've just moved the last small items from our previous place across to the new hall. Noi plans a final clean-up on Monday and then we're done. Except, that is, for the need to unpack quite a few more boxes and get our quarters shipshape. We're not intending to rush this process though, having learnt from experience that it's all too easy to burn yourself out when moving house and slow, steady and remorseless is the way forward. Hope we don't have to go through all this again too soon.

We're taking another welcome break from the process over the New Year weekend in order to participate in a Family Day in Melaka, whence we'll be wending our way later today. It seems I have to function as a judge in some of the games for the kiddies. I've tried to make it clear to all and sundry that I'm open to corruption and my favour can be bought. Anyway, they'll be prizes for all, though I'm sure we're in for some tears. With luck they won't be mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum Mr.Connor,

I was your student from TKGS Pre U. I have yet to formally thank you for introducing to me the beauty of English Literature. I was a History student in sec sch but you...it was your 'fault' you made me love literature.
Thank you so much Mr.Connor. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. Now I am a mother of 3 and told my kids, take literature in sec sch. Read Shakespeare.
May Allah bestow his blessings on you and your beautiful family. You are one of the many reasons I've improved my English and further took my dip in Mass Comm.
Thank you thank you thank you.
Wassalamualaikum.

Warmest regards,
Nurul Shifa
Cohort 1991 - 1993

Brian Connor said...

Assalamualaikum Nurul: it's very remiss of me not to have replied to your comment until now but I sort of lost track of which post it was attached to and have only just found it again after originally viewing it. I feel humbled by your praise - and now I'll have to work extra hard just to live up to it! But I'm utterly delighted that you feel I helped you so much: and even more delighted that you and your family, with the grace of Allah, are obviously thriving. My deep thanks for your lovely comment! Wassalam.