Saturday, September 19, 2015

On The Mend

We visited Abang Mat this afternoon, at his home where he's recuperating from a heart attack he suffered a couple of weeks back. We were intending to visit him whilst he was still in hospital but could only make the time to do so on Friday, the day he was discharged. He's had a pacemaker put in, much to his chagrin. At the moment he looks worn down, not surprisingly, but he was in good spirits this afternoon. It looks like being told he can't smoke any more is his greatest bugbear.

Fortunately there have been distinct signs of healing in my bad back. That meant I was able to sit on the low sofa in Abang Mat's place for an hour without undue discomfort, something that would have been impossible only yesterday. I'm hoping the problem goes away completely so I can back to some serious exercise again, but compared to the difficulties faced by others my condition is hardly worth complaining about.

Mind you, marking's going to be difficult if I have a relapse and I've got plenty of that to do, so if things take a turn for the worse I'll be complaining like crazy. So here's hoping for better days.

No comments: