Friday, September 11, 2015

A Day Of Rest

I'm pretty good at being lazy but I've surpassed myself today. Whatever the doc gave me yesterday for my back didn't work particularly well so the only place I've been able to get any relief from pain is on the floor. Therefore I've spent a good part of the day there. Normally I'd have a book in hand down there, but because of the problems with my left arm (don't ask!) whilst a book has been available I've generally given it up after a few minutes and aimlessly dozed. This was quite enjoyable the first couple of times but it's possible to have too much sleep and that's what I've had today. (Difficult to believe I'm expressing such a sentiment, but there you are, eh?)

Now feeling extremely restless even though the pain is still fairly raw - but subsiding somewhat, I think. I wasn't too reluctant to get myself to the table to write this, which is a good sign. We were supposed to be moving on to Melaka today, but the journey's been shelved until the morrow, so I can't direct my energies in that direction.

Vaguely wondering about the results of today's General Election in Singapore. Might try and see what's happening later, unless I decide I'm too tired, which isn't likely.

No comments: