Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Keep On Keepin' On

28 Ramadhan 1436

Woke at 04.00 needing to use the toilet. The sheets below me were very wet. I knew right away I was feverish. No big surprise as I'd been coughing and spluttering and sneezing through the whole of Monday. Head felt stuffed full of cotton wool and painfully so. Checked my temperature around the middle of the day and it was 38.1 Centigrade.

Knew that this was likely to be one of the toughest days ever for fasting since I had exam scripts to check for the International Baccalaureate - some of the marking on appeal - a full day of teaching to cope with - the first this term now our exams are over - and a three and a half hour rehearsal in the afternoon with the show we're putting together at the most complex point of assemblage. Oh, and I had, or rather have, an evening duty overseeing some students studying which I'm doing now. It's not onerous, but it has to be done. My day will finish at 23.00 and I reckon I'll collapse at 23.13.

I'm now moaning to all the students in a ridiculous bid to elicit sympathy, but one or two them look distinctly the worse for wear themselves, poor things.

And here comes the point. I'm carrying on not necessarily because I want to but because I have to. This is a useful attitude to cultivate. Wish me luck, Gentle Reader. I genuinely need it.

No comments: