Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Feeling Down

At a dinner I attended the other week I was seated at a table with the first principal I worked under in this Far Place many moons ago. She announced to the assembled diners, almost slanderously in  my opinion, that it was possible to work out Man Utd's result over any given weekend depending on the look on my face on a Monday morning, and that if they lost everyone knew it was wise to avoid me until the middle of the unfortunate week at the earliest.

I mention these entirely unfounded allegations as I would challenge anyone to have been able to tell today that my heart was broken following the gooners' victory at the theatre of broken dreams last night. I was, I assure you, my usual smiling, approachable self throughout the day. And let's end the conversation with that, shall we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Connor- we were told the same thing & found it to be true !
And if they won , you would wear the football tie ;)

- ex- student

Brian Connor said...

I find this all very difficult to believe, you know. Empty rumour if you ask me.