Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Sense Of Order

Arrived at Maison KL in one piece around 4.30 this morning, after negotiating a huge jam at Tuas involving a one and a half hour delay. Actually I thought we might be there for at least three hours when I first saw the tail-back from the Malaysian Immigration, so I'm not complaining about the time we got through eventually.

Noi set about putting the place in order on arrival and I set about falling asleep as soon as I could.

Had a slight scare when I ran a hot water tap up stairs and nothing came out but gusts of air accompanied by a general shaking of the pipes. For a horrible moment I had thoughts of needing to call a plumber in, but whatever was blocking the system was temporary and has gone now. When you come back as we do regularly to a house you have been neglecting you get reminders of how vulnerable houses are when they are not being cared for. Fortunately ours seems to be functioning as well as we might reasonably expect it to and, yes, we know how lucky we are.

No comments: