Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Worrying

Had a bit of a confab with Chris in the middle of the morning over the cup that cheers. Asked him what he thought about the recent publicity given to one per cent of the world's population owning fifty per cent of its wealth, and told him I thought he was to blame, true blue Tory-boy, Daily Mail reader that he is. He took the criticism manfully on the chin and embarked on a very astute analysis of the current state of the world vis-a-vis climate change and screwing up the planet. As a chemist he knows what he's talking about, and it was more than a little bracing to hear him. (How he moved from the wealth thing to the climate was a thing of beauty that made perfect sense at the time - but now I've forgotten how he did it.)

Anyway, his analysis made me feel more than just a little culpable with regard to my own behaviour, especially since I drive and he doesn't. He made driving out to McDonald's for a takeaway sound positively sinful, and I'm not being facetious. I really found myself having one of those, I have taken too little care of this moments, and the moment was a pretty long moment indeed. In fact, it's still going on.

I've got to think about this. Moral Imperative time.

No comments: