Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Perfect Joy

Just caught a bit of Chicken Run, the cartoon film about the chickens plotting to escape from the farm they're on in a spoof of WW2 POW-escape type movies. Mel Gibson does the voice for the rooster, Rocky Roads, who's roped in to help the lady chickens learn how to fly. (Possibly Mel's best work on celluloid, I reckon.) Comic genius, the whole thing. Can't remember if I put it in the list of my top-ten favourite films of all time that I posted quite a while back - forgot when. But I should have done, and will do if I ever re-visit. Must get it on DVD.

It's by the same animators who do the Wallace and Gromit stuff, which means it's stop-motion (if that's what they call it) rather than an actual cartoon - and that makes me think I should get all their work available because it's all brilliant. The problem is finding the time to really watch, of course.

No comments: