Sunday, December 7, 2014

Late To The Party

I finally acquired the iPod Classic I've been searching for, through Noi's good offices. She trawled ebay for me to come up with the goods. This means I'm ready to make the long-awaited transition from actual CDs to stuff downloaded from iTunes. Which in turns means I'm in grave danger of spending lots of money as the floodgates open.

Fortunately I've been extraordinarily restrained so far, and restricted myself to a single album: Bill Frisell's magical Disfarmer. Actually this is so rich in itself that I feel I've already got sufficient riches to keep me going for weeks, days at least a little while.

To be honest, if buying CDs in a straightforward way were still possible that's what I'd be doing, but change is good, they tell me, and I'll go along with that even though they, as usual, are wrong.

No comments: