Sunday, October 26, 2014

Getting Ahead

It's time to settle down to some sustained reading, now a bit of daylight has opened up in my day-to-day commitments. So here's my on-going list to celebrate the excitements ahead: The Space Merchants by Frederik Pohl and C.M. Kornbluth; Michael Frayn's Afterlife; Scarf Jack by P.J. Kavanagh; and Tippoo Sultan's Incredible White-Man-Eating Tiger Toy-Machine!!! by Daljit Nagra. The first of these is from the LoA cache recently delivered, specifically from American Science Fiction, Four Classic Novels, 1953 - 1956; the second is my on-going drama; the third my on-going children's novel; the last mentioned (splendid title!) from the poetry cache bought with my well-gotten gains from this year's Literature Seminar. 

Just listing them is exciting, so now I'm off to bury my head in the first.

No comments: