Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reason Not The Need

 
 
 
Just lately I've been showing quite remarkable restraint on the magazine-buying front. Until two days ago my policy of not buying a new copy of any given mag until the current one under scrutiny has been read from to cover was firmly intact. I'd manfully resisted a new issue of Philosophy Now featuring old Wittgenstein on the cover - in itself a huge pull-factor to get out the old wallet - and dutifully plodded through a couple of dry pieces from the previous edition that I'd really got stalled on before allowing it into the house. 

And then I encountered the latest issue of Prog as pictured above. I still hadn't finished Issue 48, not having looked at the reviews in any serious manner, but I think you'll understand why Issue 49 (as above) had to be mine immediately. And so it was.

(Of course this in no way makes up for having no chance of ever seeing the mighty Krim live again, but I'm old enough to accept that some deep needs can never be fulfilled, I'm afraid.)

No comments: