Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Not So Cramped

To my baffled, delighted surprise I find myself with time to breathe. The insane busyness of the last three weeks has suddenly been replaced by business as usual, which is still busy, but doesn't involve getting something crucial done in the next half hour every half hour.

This is partly, but not entirely, related to the fact that I've cleared all my marking. For the moment. This is a particularly good thing at this point in time as the right side of my right hand (the bit with the little finger) has been showing signs of cramping up since Sunday and I can't afford another body part taking it upon itself to rebel.

I find it a matter of some small fascination, by the by, that in the course of my career I've witnessed a gradual shift from an understanding that it's quite important to ensure that teachers get time to mark, to an environment that seems designed to prevent them from indulging in any such selfish frivolity.

No comments: