Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Perspirational

Gosh, it's been hot for the last few weeks. I'm talking about sweat marks on my shirt before leaving for work - at 6.40 am. Just lounging around in the front room is enough to make me feel grubby and whatever I happen to be wearing thoroughly and sweatily lived-in, thank you. Add this to the fact that the Toad work has been generating more than its fair share of angst lately and you'll realise that I've been giving in to a degree of botheration lately.

But let's keep this in perspective. Would I trade the weather for a bitingly cold and rainy December in Manchester? Do I have to go out and earn a living directly under the sun? Isn't it kind of rewarding to something to moan about, apart from the events of a woeful football season?

There's a lot to be said for keeping going, and even if there weren't, it's not like we're given a choice.

No comments: