Monday, May 19, 2014

Easy Going

In yesterday's bit of a moan about my recent slow progress in reading I completely forgot to mention a book, a most handsome one indeed, I read cover to cover in just a couple of hours. I suppose it slipped my mind as The Conference of the Birds by Peter Sis essentially comprises a series of stunning illustrations related to Farid Ud-Din Attar's monumental poem, with a minimum of written text. I picked it up at the ever-reliable Wardah Books the other day and I'm very glad I did. I've got a feeling I'll be re-visiting it with some frequency in the year, if not the years, ahead. Highly recommended if you like looking at beautiful images for their own sake; and even more highly recommended if you like looking at beautiful images for the sake of something even higher than themselves.

No comments: