Friday, May 30, 2014

Dream On

Over the last week or so I've had three or four pretty odd dreams. I suspect it's the fact that I've had to stay up later than I normally would have liked on a few occasions that's precipitated this little sequence since I've been woken up by the alarm whilst in the middle of the dreams. Normally I wake before the alarm, presumably leaving the state of dream-related sleep a long way behind.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I can't remember a single one of the dreams at all. They seem to fade immediately upon waking - but I do know they've been weird. And I have to tell you, I'm very pleased indeed about that. Generally my dreams are of the extremely mundane variety, sometimes stooping as low as featuring the wonderful world of work. So the fact that I do seem to have some imagination somewhere is a bit of a relief, even if I can't actually recall any of it.

As a kid I used to have bucketful's of the old imaginative juices. I even created my own super hero and took him on a number of adventures (most of which took place under the table in our old living-room.) Where did all the adventures disappear to? How did the juices dry?

No comments: