Thursday, April 24, 2014

Keep Making It Up

The most important thing I've learned in the course of my career - indeed, some might say the only thing - is that our species has a deeply seated need to create and to deny that need is not a good idea. In contrast, making an environment in which such creativity flourishes, as it should, naturally, is not simply a good idea, it's pretty much top of the list of excellent wheezes.

I was heartened to find my finding verified by one of the few writers I can think of who manifests that curious quality one might term wisdom. A letter he sent expressing the sentiment of the previous paragraph, but doing so a lot better than I managed, a lot more wisely, can be viewed at Open Culture and my heart sings when I read it. I hope yours does too.

No comments: