Saturday, March 1, 2014

Peak Experiences

A couple of days ago I promised a list of the ten best concerts I've attended over the decades. So after considerable cogitation and mild agonising here it is, in no particular order of merit:

Dylan in Singapore very recently, was it 2012?, I'm losing track; Paul Simon at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, the Rhythm of the Saints tour - I think around 1990?; King Crimson at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester, 1971; King Crimson at Hard Rock, Manchester, 1972 (I think, or 1973 - the five-piece with Jamie Muir); Pink Floyd at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester, the Meddle tour, 1972?; Martin Carthy at Sheffield University Folk Club, 1975; the Stan Tracey Quartet, at one of the Sheffield University halls of residence, 1976?; the Singapore Symphony Orchestra doing Messiaen's Turangalila Symphony, the Victoria Concert Hall, 1994?; Genesis doing The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, in Manchester, can't remember the exact venue, 1974; Springsteen and the E Street Band, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, the Tunnel of Love tour, 1987?

Gosh, I've had some good times.

No comments: