Saturday, March 22, 2014

Getting Away

Our brief sojourn in KL is almost at an end. We're packing for an over-night stay at Mak's house in Melaka, and then it will be off to grapple with the slithery Toad, work, in our usual Far Place. Although we've been around here regularly over the last couple of years, and managed to get a lot of work done on the house and its surrounds, it doesn't seem like we've had a protracted visit for quite some time, as in those days of several weeks spent here with the girls and various other visitors. I miss those times, but what goes around surely comes around, as they enigmatically claim.

Noi has applied herself with her customary vigour to cleaning everything that needed to be cleaned in our brief time here. It's quite remarkable in what good shape she's maintained the place over the years. I have simply applied myself to lounging around in an attempt to feel rested ahead of the term to come. But, funnily enough, despite sleeping well and doing as little as I have been reasonably able, I still haven't managed to shake off the thick head with which I arrived.

Part of me doesn't really want to move at all, of course, but we are ordered into motion before any rest might be ordained.

No comments: