Monday, February 17, 2014

Blundering Along

It's extremely useful to find yourself pushed to a place where you're not coping. In the late afternoon I needed to photocopy a new version of my timetable, the original version having become redundant. I somehow managed to make several completely unnecessary photocopies by brilliantly copying the redundant document - instead of throwing it away - even forgetting, at one point, that I'd left the redundant documents in the copier since I'd elected to wash a cup at the same time. It's not too difficult to find excuses for my appalling levels of incompetence since I'd been besieged by in-coming problems throughout the day and barely had time to think. But the fact that I was painfully capable of making such idiotic mistakes was a wonderful advertisement for the uses of humility. Sometimes it's terribly, effortlessly easy to strive to be humble.

No comments: