Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Blunderful World

Should have guessed that yesterday I was merely warming up in my incompetence to something truly spectacular. I delivered my piece de resistance after acting as an assessor for an assessment when I managed to mislay a file entirely necessary to my well-being and sanity. Having finally realised the file was not where I expected it be I spent a full forty minutes roving around my place of work, retracing my steps to find the blighter. Readers, believe me when I tell you that today was a hot day and it wasn't wise to be careering around in largely vain search when I could have been getting on with all the work that had piled up for me in the course of the morning.

The one bright spot in all this was that I hardly felt any of the sensations of panic I really should have been feeling as I was possessed of the certainty that the file would turn up in what would turn out to be a perfectly obvious place when my addled brain finally figured out where it was likely to be. It did.

I suppose I should be wondering what tomorrow is likely to bring in terms of my escalating stupidities but I just haven't got the energy to go to that place.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Brian

We are not quite here yet but by chance this arrived in my inbox today.

http://youtu.be/9yN-6PbqAPM

Brian Connor said...

Hey, Simon, thanks for the link, and for reassuring me that we're not quite there, even if it feels like one of us has arrived. I've never heard of this Tom Rush guy, at least I don't remember hearing of him, but the song is eerily spot-on. Lol, as they say.