Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Something Lost

At the halfway point of the month I've shed something like a kilo or a kilo and a half. There's quite a degree of 'wobble' in my results on our supposedly precise electric scales, hence the uncertainty. I can't say I've been dieting exactly, just being careful over what I eat, so I'm quite pleased with this. But I'd still like to lose another kilo or two before the end of the month.

At times like this it's useful to have a somewhat obsessive element in one's personality. Apart from anything else, the amount of food that's offered at work, out of the simple yet deep generosity of colleagues and students, could easily derail anyone who isn't in a determinedly self-denying frame of mind.

I think I'll be getting the results of the medical screening we underwent at the turning of the year tomorrow, so they might prove a further spur to self-deprivation of the healthy variety.

No comments: