Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Finding Time

I've just booked a ticket for the SSO's concert this Saturday. They're doing Strauss's Four Last Songs which I adore, but have never heard in the concert hall, so I'm particularly stoked up for this one, having been thinking about it ever since I spotted it in the rather handsome season booklet I picked up last year. Noi isn't going to be around though, as she's popping up to Melaka at the weekend. It'll be a bit odd being at a concert without her, and I rather think she might have enjoyed the piece, but never mind. Actually there's also some Wagner on the bill as it seems the soprano is going to be warbling bits from Tristan. I have no idea how that's going to work but, who knows, it might just turn out to be more than a bit of fun.

One of the irritations of being in a job that keeps one rather too busy at times is missing out on events of interest that turn out to be impossible to make time for. The only remedy is to try extra hard to carve out a life in whatever spaces open up.

No comments: