Friday, January 24, 2014

Crashing

I bade farewell to Noi just after the Asr prayer, had a shave, prayed Asr, put on a bit of Pink Floyd at reasonable volume - the studio album from Ummagumma which is quite a mess but has its moments - and somehow managed to sink into a stupor of massive proportions, generally oblivious to the world, except to occasionally manifest some awareness that I really did need to get up at some point, lasting up to an embarrassingly late hour. Now it's true that I'd felt a bit dozy during prayers at the mosque, though not unduly so, and I thought I might manage half an hour or so of shut-eye on getting back home from work, but I had no idea that I was in for such an epic snooze. I assume I must have in some sense needed it, but I suppose it might all have been a case of pure, blissful laziness.

Extremely non-productive, but all very nice indeed, I must say.

No comments: