Saturday, October 26, 2013

Aching

Woke with a distinctly unpleasant headache, and had to keep working through much of the day with it. I suspect that the ache was caused at least in part by the fact that I had no choice but to work. The other part by the rather extreme busyness of the last few days.

Now, though, I'm very happy indeed to report that my head is no longer banging away with all the tenderness of a John Bonham drum solo. The Missus applied one of her patented head rubs in the early afternoon and, somewhat to my surprise, this did the trick. Well, this and the fact that at that point I'd managed to clear a reasonable amount of the workload that a week's frenetic activity had not managed to shift. Also I'm pleased to report I didn't need to resort to the old Panadol or any other medicines. 

And the moral of the story? Other than the fairly obvious point that acquiring a wonderful missus is a good idea for any reader of the male persuasion lacking in this area, I suppose it's to suggest that in a sane world we wouldn't devise ways of working that were inherently debilitating.

No comments: