Sunday, August 18, 2013

New Beginnings

Huge sighs of relief in this household at the footy season getting properly started. This is not so much because I miss the weekend games, though I do, but more because we are coming to an end of all the highly speculative speculation over transfers that never happen.

My failing memory makes it impossible for me to follow who now plays for whom, so I'm more than happy to look at a fairly standard team sheet for United, leading to what has become a fairly standard result in recent years. (I'm old enough to remember the days when a four-one away victory against a useful outfit was regarded as a bit special.)

Truth to tell, the silly amounts of money involved have made the beautiful game a lot less attractive than of old. But at least you can now watch its practitioners actually doing what we pay them for rather than having to read about who they might be about to do it for.

No comments: