Sunday, August 11, 2013

Looking Forward

Let's face it, there's not a whole lot of joy lining up in the immediate future.

First off, we've got to get ourselves back to the Hall this evening, and I for one am expecting plenty of bumper to bumper traffic before we make our arrival. I've already put the Missus on alert for some judicious sharing of duties behind the wheel if we get bogged down.

Then I have a busy day dealing with the Toad, work, on Monday. Followed by a busy day on Tuesday. And another on Wednesday... I think you may get my drift.

These days I've given up trying to concoct any kind of meta-list intended to capture the full picture of the demands upon me. It's just too depressing and the only point in the exercise was to give some illusion of control, and I no longer feel the need for illusions.

Yet curiously I can't say I find anything terribly depressing or even wearisome in all this. There's always a time for unexpected joys even when there's no time at all. Looking back I recall the good times almost exclusively - so looking forward they are what I'll really be expecting. Just a little patience is required. But it's nice to have a little moan now and again, eh?

No comments: