Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blundering Along

I knew, given my exertions of previous weeks, that, once our production was out of the way, I was going to feel weary in the extreme. It has been so, such grey, dreary, weariness characterising the last few days.

But I forgot that, having managed to remember reasonably well for a sustained period a plenitude of the details attendant upon my exertions, I was likely to compensate for this success by forgetting the most obvious, fundamental points of routine around which my little life revolves. And it has been so. At one time I would have been concerned, mightily so, about such forgetfulness, especially with regard to the way the sudden gaps undermine pretty much everything I do. But, happily, I seem to have forgotten how to care about such things. There's something very soothing about embracing your own fallibility.

No comments: