Tuesday, March 19, 2013

In Danger

Now listening to Danny Lanois's utterly gorgeous Acadie, yet feeling troubled.

Why so? Because this is the first ever full album I've downloaded. I did the business yesterday on the Missus's iPod from the iTunes shop and it was suspiciously easy and reasonably cheap. The iPod itself can be played on a simple but effective Sony radio/CD player that occupies my desk (which can also be used to amplify the computer that resides on the desk.) All this works surprisingly well when you think it was put together in an entirely piecemeal fashion. And therein lies the problem.

It's now simple and well within my pocket to acquire lots and lots of the kind of material I could lose myself in forever, and I'm not sure I really have enough spare self to lose.

Ho hum. There are worse dilemmas to face, I must admit, but perhaps none quite so invidious.

No comments: