Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lingering

Have recently realised that whatever the last album I've listened to, I'll be left with an ear worm of a specific section of a specific track that will last until I listen to something else. Earlier this week I managed to play Genesis's Selling England By The Pound at a pretty reasonable volume whilst the Missus was out and ever since I've been replaying Dancing Out With The Moonlit Knight - the bit where Peter Gabriel sings, knight of the Green Shield stamp and shout! and the band go into the instrumental section - at least twenty times a day at work.

I rate this a very satisfactory state of affairs.

I wonder whether anyone remembers Green Shield stamps? As a kid I felt vaguely envious of folks who collected them. For some reason we never did.

No comments: