Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fanaticism

Never ask a Dylan fanatic anything relating to the work of the Bobster in any sense. Poor Paul was getting a lift from me today to a department function we needed to attend and innocently inquired what style of music was emanating from the speakers as I was treating him to a bit of Nashville Skyline. Twenty-five fun-filled minutes later I had to put an end to my answer to the question since we had arrived at our destination - and, of course, I still had plenty I needed to say. I'm not sure the poor guy felt he really needed to hear it though.

And if that weren't bad enough, I also treated my unfortunate passenger to my accompaniment to Lay Lady Lay as part of my thesis.

2 comments:

The Hierophant said...

We should have this talk. I really need to hear it.

Brian Connor said...

It seems to me a summit is necessary on this one: Dylan conference at Coffee Bean, Holland Village in the (hopefully) not too distant future. And then we shall talk, talk, talk. Or at least I will.