Monday, September 24, 2012

Good Health

Around 9.00 am I didn't feel terribly well without actually being ill. And then it passed.

The non-experience served as a reminder that I've maintained undeserved good health for almost all the year so far. Sometimes when people (kindly) ask me about my back I have to take a moment to remember I have a problem. I'm under no illusion that the problem has vanished, I know it's lying dormant, as it were. But being able to move around for the most part with hardly any consciousness of the fact I'm not suppposed to be moving around with anything close to reasonable ease will do for me.

And there's a certain joy in not taking any medication whatsoever.

Now when you add to all this the fact that Maureen has sounded entirely like her old self for every phone-call I've made since her original return to form, you'll understand why I'm going to stop writing on this topic while I'm winning.

No comments: