Monday, July 2, 2012

In Style

I've not been watching Euro 2012 since getting back from Malaysia, except for brief highlights, because:

1) You have to pay an arm and a leg for it here, in contrast to getting excellent coverage buckshee (well, through ordinary Astro payments) over the boarder;

2) Once England got knocked out all the emotion went out of it for me - but not that I expected anything of them really;

3) I'm too old to stay up watching at three in the morning, and it would have been impossible to find too much time to watch during the day due to present circumstances, what with work and houseguest and everything.

Having said all that, I'm pleased Spain won it by a country mile since they are playing easily the best football on the planet - even when they pack the midfield. Just the little bits I've seen make that very clear. Finally, the beautiful game played beautifully.

No comments: