Friday, June 29, 2012

Matters Of Faith

Quite an eventful afternoon. Initially I thought my trip to the mosque would be purely routine. Certainly it was business as usual going in. But things got a bit more complicated on the way out. It had begun to rain, despite the beautifully clear skies we had enjoyed all morning, about midway through proceedings, and it was coming down hard as I exited. And then I discovered that someone had decided to help themselves to my footwear before I could get to them. I was then faced with a bit of an ethical dilemma, and I'm not going to say how I solved it, basically because I don't know that I did. Ethically, that is.

Then it was off to Orchard Road with Noi and Afnan so they could entertain themselves in Toyareus (or whatever it's called) whilst I enjoyed a cuppa and chinwag with Tony (Jamal) Green, my opportunity to tell him how much I enjoyed the manuscript he'd passed me at the beginning of the month and attempt some constructive criticism. I must say, nothing has changed my mind that if this were published it stands a real chance of bestsellerdom.

Mind you, achieving such a state might not necessarily be an entirely good thing. One subject we touched upon in the course of our conversation was the difficulty of combining money and religion. Take it from me, they are not entirely incompatible, but essentially they don't mix too well.

No comments: