Sunday, March 4, 2012

Special Delivery

Anything I've had delivered from amazon.com has arrived double quick, so I'd been getting a little irritated that my most recent order, and the first to our new address at the Hall, was overdue by quite a few days. It wasn't that I was impatient to get my sweaty paws on the four DVD's I'd ordered; rather I was concerned as to what I was supposed to do if they didn't arrive. Then the doorbell rang earlier this evening and the problem, if such it was, was very nicely solved.

Now it remains for one of the worst DVD viewers in the world to find time to watch the following: Sondheim's Passion (I've been on a real Sondheim kick since Karen bought me the fabulous lyrics book for my last birthday); As You Like It and Love's Labour's Lost (as performed at the new Globe on the South Bank); and the BBC's Little Dorrit (which I'm going to get the Missus to sit down and watch with me since I love the way she gets involved in Dickens's storylines.)

I have vowed to resist any further on-line purchases until this little lot has been at least perused on a first viewing. (Though those clever coves at amazon have been tempting me with all sorts of updates on the Decemberists. Gosh, they know my weaknesses.)

No comments: