Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hooked

I blame Bernard. After chatting with him and Peter over a cuppa and telling them about watching Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy on the flight back from Hong Kong, he generously goes and unearths his DVD set of the 1979 (was it really that long ago?) BBC production and lends it to me - ironically the day after my little amazon DVD trove passes into my clammy hands.

Initially I reckon I can resist temptation at least until next week, and am proved spectacularly wrong. I've now watched the first three episodes, despite not having any time to do so.

So now I'm in full blown George Smiley mode, seriously desirous of wearing spectacles again just to be able to wipe them on my tie whilst peering mistily but penetratingly into the far distance. This is all incredibly juvenile and wonderfully satisfying. Apologies to anyone who catches me spying on them over the next few days. Eventually the fit will pass.

No comments: