Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Casting Spells

For some four or so years now I've been doing this poetry workshop for kids at the annual Literature Seminar (I think it's called) and great fun it's been. Give me a roomful of young people anytime genuinely enthusiastic about books and raring to go with pretty much anything you put in front of them. This year the organisers have changed the format, though, and sort of knocked me out of my comfort zone a wee bit. Or, rather, they've prevented me from being lazy by repeating previous material since they've asked me to do a full scale lecture for a big number. This is exciting, but requires a bit of work to prepare.

In fact, I was feeling a bit stuck for an idea. And then it came to me, at 9.35 pm actually. The title's above and I'm committed to working a bit of magic. Should be fun. All I need now are the ingredients for the spells.

No comments: