Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Birdsong

Tonight we're off to the concert hall, the Singapore Conference Hall, to enjoy a conference with the birds. It's a concert featuring pieces based on birdsong actually, with three of my faves in there: Ravel, VW and Messiaen. The main composer of the evening, however, is one Robert Casteels, who teaches at the local Yong Siew Toh Conservatory, if I'm not mistaken. Part 2 is all done on iPads so we're in for something very new it would seem.

To be honest at this exact point in time I'd rather not be going. Sitting at home relaxing (and getting a little bit of work done, to take off the heat tomorrow) is quite an attractive option. And I knew this would be the case when I bought the tickets. I also knew that once parked in the hall with my ears being opened I would be glad I made the effort. Hope I'm right!

More on this anon.

No comments: